Thursday, November 3, 2016
Howe Manning and Fuller Meadow meet through Google Hangouts
Students in Ms. Nardone's 3rd grade class had the opportunity to meet Mrs. Kennedy's 2nd grade students by using Google Hangouts. The students discussed the Global Read Aloud book, The BFG by Roald Dahl.
Several of the 3rd grade students had Mrs. Kennedy for 2nd grade so the students were ecstatic to see her again. They could barely stay in their seats when they saw her and some familiar faces in her class. How fun it was for them to reconnect.
The students spent their time discussing the book. The 2nd graders wrote great questions to ask the 3rd graders. These included:
- What are the giant's character traits?
- What are Sophie's character traits?
- Do you think the giant to get you?
- What is your favorite part of the book?
- How many dreams do you think the BFG has?
- How do you think the BFG keeps track of the dreams?